Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: The Regulatory Platform Technology team within Compliance Platforms is responsible for implementing global regulatory policies and safeguarding our payments ecosystem. Our platforms scale across millions of interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at ways to leverage the advances in technology and science to address our business needs. We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together. Our tech stack is Java / Kafka / Spark / Oracle / React / Key Value stores.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform high quality software analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance for the core regulatory platform
- Work with Product Manager and Domain Technical Leads to analyze the requirements.
- Design and implement features.
- Follow good development practices and write unit test cases.
- Partner with teams to ensure timely delivery.
- Product development, deployment and support.
- Ability to influence across board.
- Deep knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with a focus on data structures and algorithms
- Minimum 12 years of programming experience in Java/C++ and databases such as Oracle.
- Well versed in understanding the requirements.
- Expert in coding skills with best practices.
- Development experience in Linux based environment.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and Object-oriented programming
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Provide accurate estimation for work.
- Aware of Agile methodology of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Awareness with the Quality standards and compliance.
- Good team player and a self-starter.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written to ensure effective communication across product teams, functions and locations.
- Can make decisions without always asking others what has to be done.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Flexible to work on any technology as per project demand.
- Open to work on the Live support duties which include monitoring, triaging issues and working on fixing issues on the Live support.
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience with distributed systems and algorithms
- Experience with web front end technologies including server side and client side frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Angular is a plus
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) and technologies like Docker containers is a plus
- Experience in developing messaging and streaming systems that span thousands of nodes, i.e., at scale
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus.
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Effective team and individual management practices.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead team or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.