Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Credit Risk Engineering team is responsible for Credit Risk decision, fraud detection, risk management decision and compute services across PayPal - globally. We design, develop, enhance and support services that get called across every interaction between PayPal and it's users and partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs. You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on web and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Working within a team of 2-6 software engineers to develop/maintain software..
- Execute and report the assigned project tasks over its development cycle.
- Collaborate with team members in team activities with lateral teams across disciplines (e.g., QA) and vertical groups (e.g. Financial Systems), and upwards with project management elements.
- As part of the delivery team, working with software from cross-domain teams to produce final software build.
- Ensure the quality of deliveries and ensure conformance to processes and practices.
- Perform day-to-day activities under the supervision of the team leadership and collaborate with team members in technical and domain areas.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in areas such as payments and financial services, internet-based services, or software products.
- Highly competent, hands-on experience in Java and working experience in Linux/Unix environment
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- knowledge of Relational Databases & SQL
- Software design and development methodologies (preferably agile)
- Experience in using source control tools (preferably GIT)
- Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Google Test
- Experience in J2EE, Scripting languages (Shell, Python, Perl),
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop software based on requirements/specifications.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.