Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: This position is in Risk Infra Engineering team. Our solutions need to scale across millions of interactions, working with petabytes plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs.
You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, excellent execution skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
1. Work within a team of highly talented engineers, product and architect to design and develop highly scalable systems
2. Being involved in design meetings to propose, discuss and refine new features and functionality.
3. Code, Test, Monitor, Maintain
4. Maintain and enhance the existing architectural documentations and create the new one as needed
5. Participate in code and design reviews
6. Provide suggestions for continuous improvements as necessary.
1. 3+ years industry experience.
2. Experience in developing RESTful endpoints or other SOA endpoints.
3. Experience in developing backend services in Java, Spring, Hibernate.
4. Demonstrable programming abilities in Java – other languages like C++, Python.
5. Understanding of Data Structures, algorithmic techniques, design patterns and best coding practices.
6. Curiosity about how things work and the behavior of finding the answers. Flexible and adapting the changing circumstances, tenacious.
7. Expertise on Relational databases & NoSQL databases.
8. Experience with development of scalable and distributed Java services.
9. Should be passionate and take pride in building systems that are used by millions of users every day.
10. Should have good communication skills
Any resume that meets these minimum requirements will be reviewed
Education experience – BE / B.Tech
Minimum number of years of experience – 3+ Yrs
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.