Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: The Atlassian Tool Administrator would need to have at least 7-8 years of experience. For this role, you must be an experienced Atlassian Tool Administrator with DevOps experiences to join the Developer Tools team. In this role, you will support the Atlassian environments, evangelize the DevOps culture, and can work to improve the infrastructure automation to move the customers forward. You must be passionate about teaching, learning, and automating and working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Configuring, managing, and enhancing Jira and Confluence tools, including native functionality as well as researching, testing, and implementing plugins and other integrations.
- Understanding the current Atlassian tool process, gathering requirements, investigating potential solutions, analyzing impact, communicating with stakeholders, and implementing solutions.
- Developing interfaces between external tooling and Jira/Confluence infrastructure.
- Managing complex Jira workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Provisioning, maintaining and improving our existing cloud infrastructure.
- Researching, designing, developing and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Using tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, and Git to improve and speed delivery of products and services.
- Work with other developers and operations to perform DevOps processes.
- Troubleshooting problems and provides customer support for application issues.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- 7-8 years of experience with System Engineering.
- Experience in setting up and supporting Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Moderate to Advanced SQL and JQL query experience.
- Experience customizing workflows, setting up dashboards, and generating reports.
- Passion for quality and solving problems in complex computing environments.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment and Jira Agile plugin.
- Extensive experience with scripting and programming such as Python/Perl/Groovy.
- Willingness to work on a fast-paced team with a "low ego/high performance" culture.
- Willingness to support a DevOps team (24X7 accessibility for emergency issues on a rotating basis).
- Ability to automate and extend base Jira/Confluence functionality, including scripting.
- Design and develop customization and plugins.
- Experience developing custom plugins using Java for Jira 8.x and Confluence 7.x.
- Experience using/extending REST API using Java for Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.