Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: The Regulatory Platform Technology team within Compliance Platforms is responsible for implementing global regulatory policies and safeguarding our payments ecosystem. Our platforms scale across millions of interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at ways to leverage the advances in technology and science to address our business needs. We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.
- Facilitating and driving key technology decisions with senior technology stakeholders.
- Partnering with product, technology, program management and analytics stakeholders to balance aggressive roadmap against engineering principles.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment.
- Should be able to help develop rapid prototypes and proof of concepts to facilitate decision making.
- Participate in the analysis, architecture, design, and delivery of large-scale enterprise grade products & platforms.
- Drive Engineering strategy and vision for the product working closely with customers and product managers.
- Tracking business impact of features on a regular basis and rely on performance data to make informed decisions about possible changes or improvements.
- Manage and coach teams comprising highly skilled engineers at different experience levels.
- Recruit, coach, and mentor the best engineering and management talent
- Be a mentor, technical leader and thought leader for a talented team of both front end and back end engineers, challenging them and helping them grow.
- Building a culture of learning and sharing technology insights across the technology teams.
- Attracting, retaining and building top notch full stack engineering talent.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 14+ years of experience planning, designing, developing, and delivering large scale platforms and products.
- 7+ years of experience as an engineering manager leading software development teams.
- Knowledge of various DevOps tools and practices including GitHub, Jira, Confluence and CI/CD.
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining high performance, large-scale distributed and highly available services and platforms.
- Is a strong leader with ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
- Proven track record of result-oriented leader focusing customer experience and delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience building and managing highly effective engineering teams and recruiting top talents.
- Be able to define and set standards for engineering rigor and help cultivate an engineering driven culture
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Strong Agile skills and proven track record for product delivery.
- Looking for continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
- Has a strong executive presence.
- Practices extreme ownership.
- Passion for leading and developing direct reports; providing guidance, consultation, and opportunities towards improving their professional skill set
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage a large, diverse set of to-dos – vigorously prioritize, stay on top of multiple work streams, monitor progress, hold owners accountable.
Global mindset with ability to think about culture, language, and other aspects when putting the customer at the center of all outcomes.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.