Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for identifying, designing and developing system and workflow automation with the aim of improving application/infrastructure reliability and operational efficiency in line with defined business goals and objectives .This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure services and operations. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
System and Workflow Automations
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Design, write and build tools to automate daily operational tasks (PowerShell, Python, Nodejs, C#)
- Analyze new and existing workflows to identify automation opportunities
- Build new workflows and system integrations leveraging technologies like message queues and APIs
- Build custom dashboards using Front-End Technologies like React.js and CSS Frameworks like Material UI
- Provide analytics and insights from data lakes like Splunk and Elasticsearch
- Leverage CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Puppet for improved and automated workflows
Operations and Support
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform analysis on application and system logs/configurations
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.