Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: • 3 or more years of Product Management experience or related field, including technical product management, software development, or analytics • Bachelors degree or equivalent in a relevant field, such as Computer Science • Ability to understand and appreciate engineering and analytical solutions. Understanding of web technologies, SOAP, XML, WSDL, Java, relational databases. Experience developing/working with API sets and services. • Skill sets: analytical, problem solver, strategic planning, leadership, project management and execution, communication with diverse audiences and stakeholders, (written, verbal, and oral) • The candidate should bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects, the ability to organize and motivate large groups and a high degree of passion for technology • Demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful software or technology product throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, product marketing, and product P&L ownership • Experience with SOA, Data repositories/warehouses, Disputes and Case Management systems (Pega) and processes, Rules Engines (Blaze) or payments or risk management a strong plus. • Bachelors Degree Required and 4 years experience • MBA Preferred • Previous Technical Product management a plus
The goal of the Risk Services team is to deliver time to market improvements, cost reduction, and quality improvements in support of Risk initiatives and solutions.
- Define and drive the next generation Risk Services required to support growing needs of PayPal
- Own the investment and roadmap for Risk Services build-out
- Define and build the services with product development and architecture.
- Maintain and support the services, ensuring definition and ongoing monitoring of services KPIs
- Evangelize the service oriented approach, service usage and build out of common capabilities
- Have a keen interest in being hands-on on higher level tasks (design, analysis)
- Readiness to be in our users’ shoes – be the level one users of services and capabilities
- Create use cases and product requirement documents to articulate desired service features and functionality to the user experience and technology teams for both tactical project delivery and long term strategic direction of Risk service capabilities.
- Gain deep understanding of customer experiences and preferences and funnel the requirements to build a scalable infrastructure than goes beyond channel / device.
- Be an expert on Risk Services within PayPal
- Understand Integration needs (internal systems and external); assimilate and synthesize the needs of various stakeholders into a common set of platform capabilities and services
- Partner with other groups within and outside Risk to define business goals and metrics, understand services capabilities, leverage existing solutions, or implement and deploy new solution and platform capabilities
- Assess buy vs. build and work with 3rd parties to integrate Risk services on a case-by-case basis
- Lead by influence, with strong execution skills and focus.
- Ongoing focus on Risk business knowledge; ability to constantly prioritize and to deal with ambiguity.
- Lead project teams of engineers and designers to ensure that the product solution delivers to requirements and meets business needs
- Collaborate across business and technical areas to manage all aspects of Risk Services
- Present business case, product roadmaps, and strategies to key stakeholders and executives
- Introduce new products, programs, policies, and procedures to achieve business strategies
- Source and develop strategic relationships with industry partners and alliances
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.