Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Product Manager for Site Reliability & Cloud engineering product management team.
Looking for a career path that combines technical savvy with business perspective? Product Managers for PayPal's Site Reliability and Cloud engineering teams are responsible for the Product Portfolios of 'Operability', 'Reliability', and 'Multi-Cloud'; internal products that are used by employees to fulfill the infrastructure and operations of the PayPal site.
Area of Responsibility
SRE provides the infrastructure supporting the PayPal online business. An SRE Product Manager oversees products and services used by PayPal’s operations and engineering teams.
- Embed/evangelize the product management discipline and principles in with everyday working
- Partner closely with other Product Managers to understand new internal product offerings being built, and work with analysts to recommend the right metrics to measure performance of those features
- Continuously review/collect customer feedback and new business requirements through customer discovery methods.
- Develop a strong understanding of the PayPal infrastructure. Bring perspective of industry standards and influence the strategy of the products
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance on building infrastructure products for PayPal site and PayPal Engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams; provide ongoing support to help influence system metrics such as Availability, Performance and Scalability by providing actionable insights on system status
- Collaborate with designer and customer to develop the right experience for Infrastructure product such as Cloud services, Monitoring, etc.
- Participate in Agile rituals with the engineering team
Graduated within past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2021, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field from an accredited college or university
Strong analytical and data visualization skills
Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in fast-paced environments
Strong problem-solving abilities - you can cut through the noise and laser focus on what really matters
Experience working with internet technologies or the payments industry is desirable
Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers and an ability to explore and structure customers’ insights
Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and to understand technology
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Team player with ability to interface and build relations at all levels
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.