Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Manager of Global Customer Support At Simility/PayPal, we’re helping companies prevent fraudulent activity with stand-alone products and integrated solutions that leverage machine learning, big data analytics and data visualization capabilities. Simility levels the playing field against even the most sophisticated fraudsters by enabling analysts to create and configure detection mechanisms without having to write code. We are looking for a Customer Support Leader and Manager to help us develop/grow our Technical Support team, implement disciplined best practices and processes, and enable successful outcomes for the Customers and Merchants that use our products and solutions. This Manager of Global Customer Support will lead our geographically distributed Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support teams (located in India, Brazil and US). We are seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional technical and organizational skills, a solid business acumen and the ability to analyze/solve both tactical and strategic challenges. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic, people and process-focused leader to innovate and deliver a world-class customer experience. Our Fraud Protection solutions range from complex custom deployments to packaged/integrated SaaS offering requiring the Support team to have both technical depth and strong customer-facing skills.
- Lead a globally distributed team of Support Engineers across India, Brazil, and US (growing in size over the next 18 months) that provides multi-tier Technical Support for Simility Enterprise Customers and PayPal Merchants using our stand-alone and integrated solutions.
- Hire, train, coach, support and develop talent; manage team members’ growth and career objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key Customers, Merchants and Partners to demonstrate commitment to sustainable value and CSAT, as well as create a positive feedback loop with Engineering, Product Management, Sales and the Services organization.
- Model, forecast, and plan for future demand (product rollouts, cyclical ticket volumes and overall Customer Support/Success needs) and scale the team as needed, leveraging process efficiencies and removing barriers to success.
- Develop and manage ticket queues and escalation paths to ensure delivery on SLAs and internal SLOs.
- Support activities within our Customer Success TEAM framework: providing periodic KPIs that demonstrate value, SLA reporting, Early Warning systems and effective RCA and Escalation Mgmt.
- Lead by example and model working across functional teams to build out relevant internal and external documentation (FAQs, Best Practice Configuration, End-of-Life/Support policies, etc.).
- Provide analytical data to help prioritize/drive critical defect resolutions and feature requests with the Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Commitment to continuous improvement: identify and implement areas for strategic improvement across systems, processes, policies, and procedures. Work as a team to ideate, build, refine and scale best practices that deliver ‘Value” to our customers.
- Implement/monitor Customer Satisfaction using point-of-ticket and periodic surveys with customers.
- 8-10 years of experience in Technical Support/Customer Success with a Software or Product company.
- 5-7 years Mgmt. Experience: building, managing and scaling teams (10 or more); familiar with managing both ICs and developing emerging People Managers.
- Enterprise (B2B) Client and Technical Support experience including SaaS, Customer-hosted and on-prem models, ideally in the FinTech or Security space and/or working with the Financial Services vertical.
- Proven track record of building and managing a multi-channel, multi-tiered Support organization.
- Hands-on experience common Support tools (i.e., Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Genuine and motivated leader who enjoys hiring, developing, mentoring, and enabling talent.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, able to use data to find solutions and repeatable process to deliver them.
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to both business and technical audiences.
- Strong customer-centric mindset who brings confidence/experience when speaking with clients and defusing escalated situations.
- Mature Soft Skills: can perform as counselor and coach; displays outstanding communication, problem solving, negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Ability to travel within US and occasionally internationally as required (20%)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.