Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Enterpriser Data Lake team has a vision is to “Provide Enterprise Product Data at lower cost and better quality”. To achieve this, we are looking for Engineering Manager in the USA location, to be part of local Enterprise Data Lake team. This team is responsible for building big data cloud platform, solution design, development, delivery and support/management as well as corresponding tools & cloud infrastructure to enable and optimize wide-range business data use cases on Enterprise data lake.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Build a team of highly motivated and capable Cloud platform (and hybrid deployments) developers who will work on creating and operating PayPal Inc. enterprise data lake at scale.
- Define roadmap and vision for PayPal’s Enterprise Data Lake Platform to deliver on our vision of One PayPal
- Responsible for managing budget and resources to deliver efficient, reliable and scalable platforms
- Work with other business units within PayPal and develop long lasting and effective partnerships and customer relationships
- Ability to manage deliverables on various high visibility projects working with peers in Engineering, Product and program management.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 10+ years of experience; Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5+ years of directly related work experience.
- 10+ years of experience building distributed systems software infrastructure platforms using C, C++, Java, Go or Scala
- 3+ years of experience with relational database systems like Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL is preferable
- 3+ years of Applied experience in building data platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience with building and managing highly functional and self-organizing software teams
- Passionate about Software Quality and ensuring that Secure Development Lifecycle best practices are followed
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired.
- Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience building/operating large-scale distributed systems and services
- Contributions to open-source projects preferably in the platform space
- Experience in handling petabyte scale data
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.