Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Container Platform Team at PayPal is looking for a Full Stack Development Engineer who will implement next generation cloud platforms in a hybrid cloud setting to support PayPal business teams to scale their applications that serve millions of customers worldwide and process billions of dollars in payments.Understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. Estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues.
Expert in developing microservices-based on Java/J2EE Hands on experience in ReactJS or similar Front-end technology Hands-on experience in any Relational Database like MySQL/Oracle Exposure to Docker and other DevOps tools like Ansible, Terraform, Shell Scripting, etc. Basic Linux System knowledge is needed Should have the ability to coordinate and communicate with teams in multiple time zones globally Should be a good Team player
- Hands-on experience in building scalable high-performance services.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify Performance bottlenecks.
- Contribution in open source projects a plus.
- Experience in building highly available platforms running in production handling no downtime rollouts.
4+ years of Experience in the Industry
- Computer Science or a related field
- Expertise in Java/J2EE programming using Spring Boot or similar frameworks.
- Hands-on experience in ReactJS or similar front-end technology
- Experience with any Relational Database like MySQL/Oracle
- Basic Linux systems knowledge.
- Strong fundamentals and hands- on experience working with docker/container technology
- Deep understanding and working knowledge on any one of these systems: Zookeeper/etcd/consul
- Working knowledge on any one of these cluster managers: Mesos/Kubernetes/docker swarm. Mesos is a plus.
- Strong understanding of fundamental distributed system principles.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.