Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: About the Program Management Office (PMO)Our teams drive and deliver programs across PayPal, building new products and launching them globally. These programs span multiple teams, projects, locations and involve complex technologies. Program Managers plan, execute, track and manage end to end solutions to ensure the desired customer and business value is delivered. Theydrive efforts across the PayPal enterprise – focused on product teams and including operations, infrastructure, and all other functions necessary to deliver our goals. They always demonstrate a solid understanding of the program vision and roadmap and keep stakeholders aligned to ensure success.We are currently seeking Program Managers with relevant experience in Agile project management, product launch management, change management and organizational dynamics.
As Program Managers, you will:
- Organize and lead planning activities resulting in the creation of a release/program roadmap. Ensure all teams align with enterprise planning expectations.
- Define launch strategy for new product capabilities including geographic scope and rollouts, detailed timing, ramp and analytics plan.
- Proactively manage across stakeholder groups to establish interdependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
- Exercise smart decision-making and effectively collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders to address key issues and roadblocks aggressively and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure measurable KPIs are developed for the program, and that they align to the overall KPIs for the product.
- Design and manage pilots and beta testing.
- Create and manage clear Gating Criteria with business partners for Go/No-go decisions.
- Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions.
- Identify program impediments and addresses including proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed.
- Lead program retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence
- Advocate and manage program implementation according to PayPal’s product lifecycle management.
- Lead effective project/program governance and stakeholder management, ensuring adequate understanding of timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies.
- Assess the current methodology, identify/rationalize gaps vs. best practices, and continuously improve the process to support our aggressive deployment schedule.
Professional experience requirements:
- 5-7+ years of experience required
- Relevant experience organizing multiple teams delivering on software/product development initiatives required. Agile lifecycle management experience preferred.
- Successful track record of managing complex development programs to deliver technical solutions and achieve business results, positively impacting the customer experience.
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
- Strong technical acumen and strong voice of the customer across the program delivery lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of project management process, project management software tools, templates and management techniques
- Experience with different software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum
- Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases
Key competency requirements:
- An inherent bias to action
- Proven leadership skills; self-motivated and a self-starter with a “Can do” attitude
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed and able to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels
- Sharp business judgment, detail oriented yet able to always see the "big picture"
- Strong partnering and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization including senior leaders
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.