Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Simility, a PayPal Service, is an end-to-end fraud management platform helping large merchants, banks, and other Fortune 1000 companies manage fraud and risk. Our systems help enterprises detect fraudulent events real time and help protect these enterprises from online threats. We do so by creatively harnessing the power of data, machine learning and humans and be on the cutting edge of fraud detection techniques and algorithms. Simility welcomes big thinkers and passionate team players, who are ready to take their career to the next level. This position will be based out of our Austin office.
- Work closely with multiple large & strategic customers to consult and strategize on the approach in tacking fraud, and ensure Simility is deployed and performs well
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure best practices are followed for product deployment and solution implementation
- Regularly analyze large data sets to identify fraud patterns and implement necessary changes to the system
- Collate feedback from clients and work with cross functional teams to recommend, design and implement new product features
- Be a clear subject matter expert of Simility’s platform as well as developing risk solutions in specific fields (banking, finance, eCommerce)
- Make business recommendations to the executive and cross-functional teams with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Take project ownership and mentor junior team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in advanced Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud Investigation or Internet Industry.
- Experience in one of the following areas: eCommerce, online payments, user trust/risk/fraud investigation/product abuse.
- Project Management experience and attention to detail with the ability to gets things done.
- Strong process improvement, prioritization, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, as well as the technical know-how, charisma, and ability to work with your team to make a big impact.
- Knowledge of database structures and/or working with Unix/Linux.
- Outstanding leadership, influencing, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.