Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal’s Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Security organization! As a PayPal Sanctions Investigator II, your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal’s adherence to our ethics and compliance standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities. In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). You will be tasked with creating brief summaries of your investigations and taking the appropriate mitigating action within PayPal’s various case management systems when necessary. As a Sanctions Investigator II, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, and maintain utmost professionalism in your interaction with our customers at all times. You will be responsible for handling escalated cases from the Sanctions Level 1 Investigators and perform thorough investigations, ultimately deciding whether or not the activity involved is worthy of further mitigating action.
As a Sanctions Investigator II, your responsibilities include:
- Conducting end-to-end meticulous reviews of cases escalated from Sanctions Level 1 Investigators pertaining to potential illegal activity, global watch lists, or activity in violation of the economic and trade sanctions administered by OFAC.
- Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries.
- Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including monitoring of industry watch lists and Know Your Customer efforts.
- Apply analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations.
- Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decision or recommendations in relation to case investigations.
- Documenting findings in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications.
- 6 years of work experience.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency.
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Days: 6am - 4:30pm, Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.