Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Account Specialists are responsible for working alongside the Account Management team to service and provide payments industry expertise to our largest and fastest growing accounts. The Account Specialists will work to assist our merchants’ with their most challenging payments processing business initiatives. As one part business consultant and one part customer service representative, daily responsibilities will include creating bespoke solutions to help merchants balance their books, lower interchange rates, and processor decline rates. A successful candidate enjoys solving complex problems, loves data, and thinks big!
- Collaborate closely with Account Managers on their overall plan and strategy for our largest and fastest growing merchants in the ecommerce space
- Work with a portfolio of merchants in a consultative manner, fully answering merchant questions, and anticipating additional needs
- Prepare and present customized, strategic, data-driven insights and industry benchmarking on a quarterly basis to executive level contacts at your merchants
- Reinforce the value of partnership with Braintree and PayPal as well as highlighting customized areas of improvement and recommending new products and features in conjunction with Account Manager counterparts
- Assist merchants with reporting and reconciliation, using Braintree’s reporting tools to understand payout calculations and the implications of these metrics on their business objectives
- Dig into data! Investigate and educate merchants regarding their processing trends including decline optimization, fraud solutions, and interchange optimization
- Navigate complex international banking relationships, working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to manage unique partnerships
- Partner with sales counterparts to discuss Braintree and PayPal reporting and feature functionality with prospective merchants during the sales process
- Collaborate with other internal teams to solve issues we’ve never encountered before on behalf of your merchant portfolio
- Minimum 2 years in an Account Management, or other customer-facing, role
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, other data visualization tool, or willingness to learn
- Prior payments experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, or willingness to learn
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.