We are looking to recruit a senior and experienced engineer to the established Oracle Enterprise Manager support team. The successful candidate will be located in Bangalore. The engineer's main responsibility is to troubleshoot Enterprise Manager product problems and will be expected to work in partnership with customers, support engineers and developers.The successful candidate should be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in their current role and demonstrate the ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds. The candidate should be able to perform their assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction. The candidate should be adept at building relationships across organizations and leveraging these relationships to resolve cross-product issues. A support engineer offers strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Engineer is expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues.
Installing and Configuring OMS (Oracle Management Server)
Installing and Configuring Management Agents
OMS and Agent Upgrade & Patching
Discovering Database Targets and other Oracle Targets
Well versed with EM Console Features
Troubleshooting OMS and Agent startup and agent unreachable issues
Troubleshooting EM Performance
Setting-up e-mail notifications
Using EM Console on day-to-day basis for Database Management & Monitoring activities
Operating system knowledge
Programming in C, Java, Perl, SQL/PL-SQL
Good understanding of Support and Oracle diagnostics tool sets
Application Server/Weblogic Server
The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot complex problems
requiring high level of technical expertise and product knowledge
- Works directly with customers
- Participate in weekend rotation and shifts
- Participates in initiatives that improve overall product and documentation quality
- Participates in product/platform testing
- Drives improvements in product quality
- Participates in Beta programs
- Serves as Situation Manager on highly sensitive proactive and reactive
- Consults with Management in directing resolution of critical Customer situations
- Consults with Customers on complex use of Oracle products
- Achieves knowledge transfer with teammates through: Development and Delivery of Formal Team
- Conducts training sessions, Formal Mentoring, Creation/Review of Knowledge
- Promotes the technical and professional development of others, i.e. mentoring others
- Analyzes work load, determines best practices and implements changes to
- Proactively contribute to increasing the teams efficiency by sharing
knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools / utilities
Technical degree i.e. BS Computer Science/Management Information
Systems/Science/Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry or proven professional and technical experience. Excellent English Language skills.
- Self driven and result oriented
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Focus on relationships (internal and external)
- Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Confident and decisive
- Expertise (maintaining professional in own discipline)
- Organizational skills
- Coaching/knowledge transfer Ability
- Writing technical Bulletins
- Teaching technical Courses
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are Colorado-specific.
Colorado Pay Range: from $24.52 to $56.73 per hour from $51,000 to $118,000 per annum eliglble for equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracleâ€™s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
9. Paid parental leave
10. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
11. Adoption assistance
12. Financial planning and group legal
13. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.