Around 8 Yearsâ€™ experience as Oracle Database engineer/ Core DBA
- Very thorough and clear understanding of Oracle Database Architecture - including the latest version of Oracle 11g, 12c & above)
- Extensive knowledge and solid troubleshooting experience in the following areas
â€¢ RAC, ASM, Exadata, Performance tuning, Data Guard (Physical and Logical), DG Broker
- Experience in handling complex database recovery scenarios
- Experience in troubleshooting various installation and patching issues
- Experience in Oracle engineered systems like Exadata, Exalogic, ZDLRA, ZFS etc.
- Experience in Oracle Golden Gate.
- Exposure to Cloud technologies like Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), AWS will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure - quick thinking and remaining calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work in shifts ( including Night shifts) and on weekends .
- Appetite to learn new technologies (OCI/ExaCC) and constantly improve technical skills
- Good academic background and Oracle Certifications is a must.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle's core products, applications, and tools.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.