At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Fusion Application Control Plane (FACP) is an exciting new team working on at the intersection of infrastructure and applications where we are leveraging OCI to transform some of the largest SaaS properties in the industry. We are making the existing Oracle's SaaS portfolios, including the multi-billion dollar revenue producing Fusion applications, become first class Oracle cloud citizens. To support the vision we are building a platform that manages end-to-end lifecycle, from provisioning to upgrade to terminate; and provides a self-service cloud experience to the customer for our SaaS product by leveraging the underlying OCI platform and services.
As a Software Engineer on the FACP team, you will lead the effort in building distributed, scalable, fault tolerant software systems in support of our business needs and end customer. You will own the entire software lifecycle – development, testing, CI/CD and production operations. You must balance between product feature development and production operational concerns like writing run books, ops automation, structured logging, instrumentation for metrics and events leveraging a plethora of internal tooling at OCI.
- You are an experienced cloud engineer with a proven track record of delivering high-scale, high-impact solutions
- You are obsessed with the customer, always exceeding expectations
- You have excellent communication skills. You can clearly explain complex technical concepts
- You are a disciplined engineer who understands the importance of high standards, never satisfied with mediocrity and constantly striving for excellence
- You are comfortable with ambiguity in a chaotic and fluid environment
- You are passionate about technology and are not afraid to defend your opinions or position with peers/superiors
- 2-4+ years of experience shipping scalable, cloud native distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts (data structures, algorithms, and programming paradigms)
- Proficient in at Java/C++, Python and shell scripting tools
- Experience with container orchestration like: Kubernetes/Docker Swarm/Mesos, experience working on Helm Charts, etc.
- Strong working experience on: GitHub/Bitbucket, TeamCity/Hudson, Maven/Gradle
- You are experienced at building highly available services, possessing knowledge of common service-oriented design patterns and service-to-service communication protocols
- Experience with components of modern infrastructure like service discovery, secret storage, containerization, software-defined networking, etc.
- Experience with production operations and best practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience building control plane/data plane solutions for cloud native companies
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving performance issues in complex environments
- Deep understanding of Unix-like operating systems
- Production experience with Cloud and ML technologies
- Data science and machine learning knowledge would be helpful but not required
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.If you are a Colorado resident, Please
or Email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 108905 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.