Oracle Tuxedo, part of the oracle Database organization, is #1 application server platform for developing and deploying mission critical applications written in C, C++, COBOL and Java. These applications continue to be the backbone of hundreds of large enterprises across the globe. Oracle Tuxedo also known for its robustness, is considered an original microservices platform.
We are building a team to work on next generation features of Oracle Tuxedo. Our strategy is two-fold: first is to bring advances in infrastructure technology, such as with Kubernetes, Services mesh etc. to Tuxedo applications and second, leverage decades of investment in Tuxedo to bring to market a new product focused on making it easier to develop modern, microservices architecture-based applications.
If you are excited for the prospects of working on an application development platform serving customers across the globe, who rely on the platform for their mission-critical business applications, we would like to hear from you.
As a Principal Member of Technical Staff in the Oracle Tuxedo team, you will contribute towards assuring highest quality for our technology platform. Quality assurance team, being the first users, play a critical role in the success of the product/feature, more so for a technology platform like ours, which must be available 7x24, will be used in many different ways and expectations around quality are really high. In this role, you will:
- Write Functional, Integration and Regression test plans.
- Experience setting up automated testing frameworks (in Java) from the ground up.
- Automate tests using scripting languages to a great extent
- Debug and report test failures, help identify root cause of failures whenever possible while performing highly complex analysis, which would generally include multiple distributed components.
- Set cross-functional product testing standards.
- Lead and mentor a team of QA engineers.
- Work with Stakeholders to come up with test strategy for new and existing areas in-accordance with project timelines and leadership expectations.
- BE/BS in Computer Science, 8+ years of software QA experience.
- Experience in testing features and services for highly complex, distributed transaction processing systems.
- Solid understanding of container and orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Understanding of public cloud infrastructures, especially as it relates to networking and security.
- Hands on experience with Test Development Infrastructure such as TestNG, Junit, Selenium, codeceptJS, API testing with Postman.
- Familiarity with source control systems, such as GIT.
- Knowledge of automating tests for continuous integration with Hudson/Jenkins/TeamCity using build tools like Maven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience working in highly distributed team settings.
- Sense of ownership, passion to build, support and maintain quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to learn.
- ME/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science.
- Experience with distributed transaction protocols including XA, TCC and/or LRA.
- QA experience in microservices technologies based on Kubernetes, Docker, service mesh etc.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Python & Shell.
- Strong experience of testing under Linux environments.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.