Are you looking to apply your skills contributing to a next generation of Database cloud services? Are you calm and collected when others panic under pressure? Do you get a thrill from solving really tough problems? Do you light up in conversations about uptime, horizontal scalability, performance, security, and DevOps?
The Autonomous Database Team is responsible for building the cloud service framework powering various Oracle Autonomous Database cloud services, including Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) and Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP). The framework automates deployment, scaling and management of databases in the cloud. It is built on top of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Layer.
The autonomous database cloud service framework features APIs to handle all lifecycle management operations of databases. It also performs operations autonomously based on internal and external events. The team has the unique opportunity to make significant contributions to the full stack of Oracle technology, from database kernel to cloud service platform and to customer-facing portals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying autonomous database services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our stakeholders while ensuring reliability and performance.
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team with great emphasis on go-getters and proactive individuals.
Overview from oracle.com with links to other collateral:
In this role you will need to:
- Take ownership of the implementation and production operations of a wide array of core system platform solutions
- React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
- Be a strong contributor to development of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and support
- Partner with the distributed team in prototyping new database platform services
- Stay informed of cloud infrastructure stacks
- Degree level : BE/BS/MS
- Programming languages like Python, Java
- Expert knowledge and in-depth experience of the Oracle Engineered systems and subsystems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore environments to an operational state, perform root cause analysis and provide forward thinking mitigation strategies
- Expert level understanding, implementation experience and troubleshooting of Oracle Database technology including RAC, Dataguard, ASM, RMAN etc
- Demonstrated operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, OEL) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery and General knowledge of network topology
- Experience with configuration management tools
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.