Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Data Science
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the worldâ€™s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customerâ€™s business critical applications.
This role is available on the OCI Data Science service. As a member of the OCI Data Science team, you will work on all facets of our service's cloud footprint, with focus on DevOps functions. The team owns SaaS integrations with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Our team is a key contributor to product architecture, operational excellence, and change management..What Youâ€™ll Do
- Design and automate the lifecycle of resources in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: compute, network, storage, load balancing, etc.
- Build and maintain our automated service provisioning features.
- Build and maintain mission critical Infrastructure as Code workflows.
- Manage our cloud-scale service in production. Develop dashboards, alerts, runbooks, automation.
- Contribute to service authentication, authorization, and other security features.
- Work closely with other engineers across the Engineering team to deliver a state-of-the-art product
- Experience building high-performance, resilient, scalable, and well-engineered systems
- Experience building systems using Infrastructure as Code with at least one public cloud provider
- Proficient in Java, Python and / or other OOP languages
- Proficient in one or more of these areas â€“ Docker, Kubernetes, VM images
- Proficient in one or more of these areas â€“ Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience with at least one family of monitoring/logging/observability tools (ex: elasticsearch, prometheus, fluentd)
- Experience with change management process, CI/CD tools & process
- Past participation in an on-call rotation, experience improving on-call documentation and tools.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Good communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate engineering designs verbally and in writing.
- Solid grasp of everyday git commands and workflows.
- Disaster recovery, redundancy, and operational uptime planning experience
- Overall experience of 10+ years, with relevant experience of 7+ years
- Resourcefulness in the face of unique constraints.
- Always iterating on ways to be more productive and effective.
- You capture and prioritize automation of toil tasks.
- Willingness to bear your share of a rotating on-call schedule.
- General problem solving skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn and to teach.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.