We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. We've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
Notion gives users a powerful set of tools that they can use to build almost anything. This means endless opportunity, but can also be intimidating. It's up to us to help our 10 million (and growing!) global users understand what problems they can solve with Notion and exactly how to do it. You'll lead this major, multi-channel effort across our Guides page, YouTube channel, and other evolving initiatives. It requires building robust systems to scale the development and distribution of tutorials, videos, written posts, product training, webinars, and more. We're looking for a leader who's passionate about helping people learn, who can drive these initiatives and help our users get even more out of Notion.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Build best-in-class content. You'll own all content dedicated to teaching the Notion product to new users and deepening the proficiency and engagement of existing users. This includes written and video guides, help documentation, webinars and livestreams, product trainings and onboarding, and more. Manage freelancers and eventually a team to scale production.
- Lead global expansion. Our user base is incredibly international, which is amazing, but also means we need to scale and serve user education across a number of languages and cultures. This will require dedicated, resourceful, close partnership with our localization team, and strategic project management.
- Drive user research & insights. You'll interface constantly with users to understand what they want to do with Notion and the content that'll help them make it possible. In this process, you'll identify where gaps and roadblocks emerge in their product knowledge, and expedite learning curves among individual users, teams, and entire companies. This includes sharing learnings across internal teams who can act on this data.
- Effectively distribute content to the right users. Powerful content finds the right user at the exact right moment in their product journey. After developing an understanding of our customers, you'll learn how to best serve them content - and what content works best in each channel. Whether it's email, in-product updates, or conversations with our Customer Support team, you'll create a system to get your content into the right user's hands.
- Partner with Sales & Success. Work closely with Sales to produce content that can help them close new business and expand existing business. Strategize ways to help more customers realize more value from Notion. Create one-to-many assets that help customers succeed so that our CSMs can focus on one-to-one conversations.
- Scale our resources. Keep content organized and easy to find for all users based on who they are and what they want to do with Notion. Collaborate with marketing and design to build a large library of resources that's always supporting new audiences - from new industry personas to all the new developers who will be using our upcoming API.
- You have at least 3 years of direct B2B, SaaS experience — preferably in user education, help documentation, customer success, or customer experience. You can come in and hit the ground running with fluency or proficiency in all the types of content listed above and the operations necessary to produce them.
- You have content strategy or professional writing experience. Everything we produce should be polished, but have strong voice and narrative. Our brand is distinct, and we want to make sure our educational efforts feel like Notion.
- You've conducted research. You've conducted user research projects to answer specific questions and make decisions. You've packaged and shared these types of insights for the benefit of others across teams.
- You've been rigorous about measuring your efforts. We want to make sure we're hitting the mark. You're bullish about experimentation and taking risks, but you see value in setting metrics, measuring and learning from every project to make things better.
- You have deep familiarity with enterprise software. Notion is built for teams and companies. The best candidate will know how they learn and roll out software solutions, and how we can help accelerate engagement and adoption.
- You like big, thorny logistical challenges. An evolving product means changing features, users, and challenges to tackle. This will only get more complex as our user base expands around the world. If you love working through huge projects with countless moving parts, this role is for you.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.