We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
If you are someone who loves building teams, passionate about SaaS revenue, and eager to build our Order to Cash process while supporting a growing business, we would love to talk to you. You will report to the Head of Accounting.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Manage the Revenue Accounting Team and eventually our Billing Operations Team
- Review the month-end revenue close and provide a detailed revenue variance analysis
- Partner with our cross-functional teams in Sales, Customer Experience, Legal, and more on all aspects of revenue
- Build and continuously improve our Order to Cash processes with a focus on automation
- Deeply understand our revenue systems and data to identify problems, process gaps, and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes or activities within a process
- Support Financial Reporting and Audit requirements related Revenue
- 6+ years of SaaS revenue accounting experience
- 3+ years of People Management experience
- Excellent project management skills to work cross-functionally and prior system implementation experience
- Strong conceptual and practical knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience navigating large amounts of data
- Strong experience working with NetSuite, Stripe, Profitwell, and Salesforce
- Proven experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively drive business results
- Experience with SQL and willingness to learn
- Experience with Billing Operations, including managing collections
- CPA (active or inactive)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.