We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
We are searching for an experienced marketer to develop and execute Notion's event strategy. You will be responsible for designing virtual and (when safe) in-person events that cater to our users and prospects. Your target audience will include our international community of Notion enthusiasts as well as customers (ranging from startups to enterprise organizations), and your mandate will include both field and flagship events.
You'll be the first person in this type of role, empowered to build the program from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Develop Notion's event strategy to build awareness, deepen engagement and encourage advocacy among prospects and users.
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person events that support pipeline development for our sales team.
- Lead a cross-functional team including marketing, sales, success, and product to deliver an amazing experience for attendees.
- Partner with others in marketing and sales to drive event attendance, incorporate events into the marketing lifecycle and ensure post-event follow up and conversion.
- Source and manage vendor and agency relationships as needed for event planning and execution
- Set goals and measure the success of event marketing initiatives through key metrics including MQLs, opportunities created, and ROI.
- Gather feedback and deliver recommendations for future improvement around planning, attendee experience, and results.
- 4+ years of experience in a Field or Event Marketing role
- Experience in end-to-end program ownership in a fast-paced and hyper growth business environment
- Experience using virtual event platforms such as Hopin, Livestorm, Zoom, etc
- Comfort using Salesforce, Marketo, or other marketing automation tools
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills
- Experience managing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Strong track record of collaborating with sales, customer success and marketing teams to align event strategy and drive demand and registration for events
- Ability to analyze & interpret metrics around field marketing performance
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.