MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100
. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Content Marketing Manager at MURAL, you will put your storytelling prowess to the test through the crafting of compelling, informative, engaging, and high-impact content — from landing pages to blog posts to email copy to presentations, storyboards, and more. You will work with urgency and focus, knowing how to turn strategic direction into tangible deliverables.
As a practiced and prolific writer, you know how to quickly craft content that connects with target audiences — i.e., by seeing their "job to be done" and connecting it to the content at hand. As a marketer, you will pull the levers of attention and persuasion to drive results.
The content team at MURAL thrives on being able to flexibly adapt to the requirements of an exacting and fast-growing organization. MURAL is a visual and playful brand, and while a design background is not required, working visually in MURAL will be a daily expectation and requirement.
(If you've never collaborated visually, don't worry! You're in for quite a fun, playful, and creative surprise!)
In this role, you will:
- Work with stakeholders cross-functionally in marketing to shape and publish content to drive specific outcomes — from demand gen to account-based-marketing and more
- Be proactive and eager to help, taking on a deliberate "ownership" mentality
- Be perfectly fine with uncertainty and willing to move imperfectly fast
- Be low ego, receptive to feedback
- Be responsible for making sure content is consistent with MURAL's narrative and themes, serving as a champion of those themes across the organization
- Work with minimal oversight … BUT
- Be comfortable speaking out when you're spinning your wheels and need guidance (MURAL is all about collaboration!)
- Be able to incorporate SEO best practices into your content
- Ensure brand and theme consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- Extend a charitable attitude across your work, quick to seek understanding, tempered and measured by default
This is not an entry-level position. You bring experience and the confidence needed to speak up, challenge the status quo, and ask tough questions. The top candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 4-6 years of experience in content marketing at a high-growth SaaS company
- Adept at cranking out landing pages and blog posts
- Unafraid to tell stories through visual presentations
- Fearless about interviewing customers and creating customer stories and case studies (including storyboarding videos!)
- Knowledge of SEO and the ability to apply your knowledge to your editorial oversight
- Exceptionally collaborative and communicative, confidently engaging with not only your team and stakeholders across the company, but with customers and thought leaders online
- You love making complex ideas relevant to audiences and easy to understand
- Excellent writing skills (Please provide samples)
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
Ideally you will have:
- Experience crafting presentations
- Some experience with visual thinking and/or graphic design (enough that you aren't afraid to make basic mock-ups to convey ideas visually)
- Experience in design thinking, Agile, and other methodologies
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
Practicing equality through imagination work.
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.