The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the general ledger and manages the month end close. The Senior Accounting Manager must possess strong analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail. The right candidate must also be process oriented in order to identify the need for process and control changes and be able work cross-functionally to drive and influence these changes. To be successful, this candidate must have the ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, and align well with MongoDB's core values. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with an already strong accounting team at a high growth company. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Hands-on with ability to dig into the detail
- Has a thorough understanding of the company and general ledger structure and ensures accounting set ups align with the business
- Maintain the close calendar and ensure a well coordinated, consistent, and timely accounting close (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Review and/or prepare month-end account reconciliations and ensure the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of supporting documentation to support the accuracy of the consolidated trial balance
- Ensures accuracy of the global cash forecast, including providing analysis to the management and coordination with the FP&A and EMEA teams
- Prepares and/or reviews quarterly consolidated cash flow statements, supporting schedules and footnote support
- Manage accounting staff in US and India to ensure completeness and accuracy of work, deadlines are met, and business directives are achieved
- Work closely with local accountants in Latin America and Canada to ensure our local and consolidated financials are complete and accurate. Have an understanding of gaap to stat differences and complex accounting matters in these regions.
- Respond to requests for special reporting and special projects by understanding the problem statement, developing a plan, and executing on deliverables
- Highly involved in quarterly reviews and annual audit including managing PBC lists, driving deliverable requests internally and collaborating cross-functionally, and managing auditor staff and managers
- Calculate bonus accruals and other journal entries as needed
- Provide training and guidance to new and existing staff as needed
- Assist in or lead ad hoc projects
- Work cross functionally with various stakeholders in the accounting close process
The Senior Accounting Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
Our Ideal Candidate will have
- Communication: Successfully communicate among all levels of employees to ensure the month end close is completed and any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Meet Deadlines: Ability to meet month-end, quarter-end, and year-end deadlines to ensure the close runs smoothly and remains on track
- Research and problem solving: Ability to understand process flow and propose solutions
- Systems: Successfully navigate Netsuite and related systems and to understand the flow of data
- 7 or more years of accounting operations experience
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- NetSuite, Leasecalcs, Floqast, wDesk experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Proactive, assertive and creative approach to problem solving
- Take ownership of month end activities, and willing to help on ad hoc requests
- Positive attitude and desire to collaborate cross-functionally and work in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Ability to work cross functionally and across geographies
- Advanced MS excel skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we're committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees' wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it's like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.