Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Supportability Program Managers
in the Data and Artificial Intelligence Team are responsible for gathering information from a variety of feedback channels, aggregating and prioritizing that feedback for the purposes of issue identification and then driving appropriate product enhancements and driving appropriate actions to mitigate the identified issues. This role is based in the Big Data space, so knowledge of Cloud solutions and technologies such as Cosmos DB, HDInsight, Databricks and other Big Data products/business is preferable.
- Partner with product teams and the support delivery teams to drive Supportability efforts like- Incident deflection or case reduction efforts, efficiency gains by improving documentation, and implementing solutions for reducing time to resolution.
- Distill and prioritize feedback and impact data from broad variety of listening channels including Commercial Technical Support, Communities and Forums, social media, MVPs, MCS, GetHelp, PFE, MS Field, Microsoft Partners, etc. to identify the top problem areas, issues, and risks for a product, cloud service or group of products and services.
- Drive deep analysis of support trends, product issues and process improvements that will improve the customer support experience.
- Communicate top problem areas, issues and risks to the involved product and business groups, stakeholders, and partners.
- Partner with product teams and provide customer feedback and impact data to influence key business decisions that benefit customers while balancing the critical needs of the Microsoft business.
- 3+ years of Technical Project or Program Management experience
- 3+ years working with Microsoft cloud technologies in a product engineering or customer services-based role.
- Experience with BI, Analytics, Excel Pivots and Power BI
- Experience with deep dive analysis of technology areas
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions and Big Data Analytics products/business. These products would include Cosmos DB, HDInsight, Databricks, Azure Data Factory.
- Strong Analytics Background, able to pull insightful data to drive decisions and improve product quality and customer experience.
- Passion for technology and improving overall product quality and customer support experience.
- Strong customer focus, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Disciplined program management and cross-group skills, including the ability to get what you need from others while working around their own legitimate priorities.
- An understanding of Microsoft Product Groups and the product development life cycle
- Courage and conviction to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
- Prior experience with enterprise server environments and cloud services
- Communication and Presentation skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.