As Microsoft differentiates itself as the most trusted hyper-scale cloud provider on the planet, a vibrant marketplace is critical to fuel the growth of the company and our partners. The Commercial Marketplaces team in the Commerce & Ecosystem group owns the end-to-end platform where partners come to do business with Microsoft because it provides the most available, flexible, and dynamic way for them to monetize and sell to the broadest set of customers. This growing team is a great place to build your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s bottom-line. We are a fun-loving, diverse team that values teamwork and provides opportunities for mentorship and career growth.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be the voice of the partner and customer personas in their journey to be successful in Microsoft’s marketplace ecosystem spanning Azure Marketplace, AppSource, Office Store, Xbox Store, Game Pass, and Windows Store. You will be responsible for driving scenarios like:
Supporting new monetization capabilities that partners can leverage within their services, apps and games targeting one or more of the marketplaces outlined above.
Enabling new offerings in the marketplaces outlined above to create opportunities for partners that allows them to connect with more customers.
Building certification capabilities that helps partners efficiently onboard different offerings, while ensuring that customers have a trustworthy experience when they acquire these offerings from the marketplaces outlined above.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic who demonstrates a growth mindset. We value those who have a thoughtful point of view, love to collaborate, and contribute to the success of others. The PM in this role will be empowered to own the problem end-to-end by connecting the dots between business, experience, and technology in high-business impact areas. The role also provides cross-division collaboration opportunity with stakeholders across Azure, Business Applications, Office, Windows, Xbox, Design, Product Marketing, Business Operations, and other teams. If you’re a strong communicator willing to roll-up your sleeves and solve fun technical challenges (with a strong engineering team on your side), then this is the right role for you!
- Be the voice of the partner and customer in their marketplace journey. Be obsessed with their experience and advocate for them during product development.
- Tell the story through end-to-end scenario walkthroughs and functional design.
- Articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Define the vision, determine roadmap, author specs, work with the design team on UX concepts, define product roll-out plan.
- Work closely with the engineering team to execute on the planned initiatives.
- Drive alignment across teams, assess & mitigate risks, and prioritize what matters.
- Technical background - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You thrive working in a team – value working as a team, and success as a team.
- Curiosity to understand how things work and ability to sweat the details when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships within and outside the team.
- 3+ years of product/program management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.