Digital thieves are getting more sophisticated and harder to detect and stop. Our enterprise customers are asking us to do more to protect their accounts from compromise and their data from theft - whether in Microsoft’s cloud environments or their own datacenters. Proactive measures, including infrastructure security improvements, Privileged Identity Management and multi-factor authentication, are only part of the solution.
The C+E Information & Threat Protection team is seeking Applied Machine Learning Engineers to help prevent the theft of our customer’s digital assets using a range of behavioral modeling techniques. We are on the leading edge applying a unique combination of security research and machine learning that we call enterprise security intelligence.
If you have a strong ML/statistics background and can deliver high-quality ML models in production, this is a unique opportunity to tackle challenging problems in the fascinating and growing space of cloud security. Come be part of this exciting new generation of security analytics!
- Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, fraud, masquerading, etc.
- Deliver solutions to analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of these systems and improve them over time.
- Contribute to enterprise-class cybersecurity services, and collaborate with platform engineers to ensure that we have the right infrastructure support.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for team of applied machine learning developers.
- Actively engage with other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used and guide the development of solutions to these problems.
- 6+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role.
- 3+ years of educational or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or other quantifiable fields such as Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Decision Science, Data Analytics, etc.
- Experience with very large-scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a. Big Data).
- Experience with Azure cloud services.
- Experience with C/C++ and/or C# skills and understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions.
- Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.