Interested in a start-up experience that is fast-paced, exciting while also will give you tremendous learning opportunities? The Azure Dedicated team (AzD) is one of the fastest growing parts of the Azure group and is responsible for expanding the capabilities of the Azure cloud in several areas. This team is a great place to grow your career while working on important initiatives that are key to the future growth of the public cloud. We are a fun-loving, diverse team that values teamwork & collaboration and provides opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We collaborate regularly across the company from Azure Compute, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, etc. and external vendors such as Thales, NetApp, Cray, Arista, Cisco, SAP, etc. to enable new experiences for our customers. If you are passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Networking and Cloud Platforms, this is the team you’re looking for!
We are looking for a Principal Engineering Manager, based in Redmond WA, who will be responsible for the building a platform for integration of 3rd party products (services/hardware) from VMware, Nutanix, NetApp, etc. and corresponding ecosystem with various products in AzD. You will be responsible for engineering execution, system architecture, live-site operations, and quality for scenarios such as:
- Improving the experience for customers to migrate their on-premises applications onto Azure Dedicated Solutions.
- Work across Azure Networking teams such as Express Route (Hybrid stack), SDN, etc. to solve both Network problems and Software problems.
- Improving the experience for customers to enable Disaster Recovery solutions with their Azure VMware Solution, Nutanix, etc. implementations.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a solid work ethic and should demonstrate a growth mindset. We value those who have a thoughtful point of view, love to collaborate, and contribute to the success of others. If you’re an exceptional communicator willing to roll-up your sleeves and solve fun technical challenges with a solid engineering team on your side, then this is the right role for you!
- Technical leadership and management of a team of software engineers.
- Coaching & guiding your team to ensure that we successfully deliver on our accountabilities to customers
- Be responsible for creating and fostering a healthy, collaborative, inclusive & supportive team culture
- Working hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, ensuring great architectural decisions and engineering practices, and coding along the way
- Be a solid advocate for quality and improving engineering fundamentals.
- Be responsible for engineering execution. Work with your peers to plan and prioritize what is important for your team and our organization
- Working with other managers across our team to continuously improve our engineering process and our technical capabilities.
- Developing deep relationships and exhibiting technical leadership across teams within Microsoft and with open-source communities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A solid software engineering foundation and architecture design principles.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity to understand how things work and ability to sweat the details when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships within and outside the team.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of software management experience
- Experience working with remote teams is preferred.
- Prior experience working on cloud technologies
- Prior experience being accountable for running production systems
- Prior experience with VMware, Nutanix, etc. ecosystem products would be a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.