The world of business is undergoing a significant change with the next Digital Revolution; the move to the cloud. Azure is at the forefront of this revolution with an ever-expanding array of services and offerings. As this shift happens the Customer Experience (CXP) team within Azure Engineering has been tasked to ensure that we build a vibrant technical community for Azure.
We are looking for passionate candidates with strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead and manage a team of community engineers. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in managing and building dev-ops or support teams along with expertise in deploying or supporting cloud services in their previous roles with a deep knowledge of the usage patterns for these services.
As an Azure Cloud Engineering lead focused on our technical communities, you will work with other a team of cloud solutions engineers to monitor the community health for Azure, ensuring that the team represents Microsoft and Azure effectively, providing quality answers to the community. You will also be the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into the Azure development teams to identify recurring issues and feature requests to drive product improvements.
Why Azure CXP?
The Azure Customer Experience team is uniquely placed to disrupt the facets of the engineering-customer connect. A fast paced, startup like environment where the focus is on applying the engineering mindset and getting things done, the Azure CXP team is running tip of the spear programs in conjunction with Support, Marketing, Field and Sales to ensure customer adoption and satisfaction.
If you have an engineering mindset and are passionate about growing, developing and nurturing a new team and are truly customer obsessed, we want you!
Areas of responsibility include:
- Attract, develop, and retain the best talent in team, engage our people effectively to drive clarity and energy in a fast-pacing environment.
- Enable leaders and managers to create an inclusive environment, coach and drive functional excellence.
- Monitoring, reporting, and anticipating issues with the Azure Online Technical Communities (Microsoft Q&A, Stackoveflow, GitHub, Reddit etc.)
- Improving internal efficiency and customer satisfaction by actively finding opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
- Building a close working relationship with the teams related to assigned service area to leverage in case of escalations as well as to drive product improvements.
- Understanding the data from the community and using it effectively to drive product and document improvements.
- Engaging directly with Azure developers in Azure communities including Microsoft Q&A and Stack overflow to answer technical questions and help solve customer problems.
- Being the voice and advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
- Writing and updating Azure product documentation to help customers deliver solutions on Azure.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions
- Improving internal efficiency and customer satisfaction by proactively identifying opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
- Strategic thinking for business expansion into new online community as support modality and build ROI models and proposals for team expansion models.
- Drive semester planning, team objectives and key results aligning with Azure and Microsoft mission goals.
- 12+ years of experience managing teams in a technical support/dev-ops environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Cloud solutions, application development or deployment
- Proven leadership skills in managing cross functional and technical teams.
- Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
- Proven experience working with technical communities, social media and blogging.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with real passion for technology
- Open to working shifts if required (Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
- Influencer on technical communities such as Microsoft Q&A, Stack Overflow, GitHub and Reddit
- Passion for Blogging and/or making Videos explaining technical concepts
- Participated in cloud conferences as a speaker
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- A deep understanding of Cloud fundamentals
- Azure solutions development and deployment experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.