The Cloud Marketing Team is looking for a Relationship Marketing Manager to help build and manage our global Azure Onboarding strategy and program. This high visibility role will require a deep passion for understanding the customer experience across Azure, and the ability to influence across multiple levels of the organization to create meaningful, personalized communications to help customers discover value and love our products. In this role, you will own and drive the end-to-end lifecycle marketing strategy for Azure customers to help them engage with our services and deepen their usage. This includes developing the onboarding strategy to target relevant customers with email marketing, in-product messaging and other digital marketing programs with recommendations and best practices to improve their experiences with Azure.
We are looking for an individual with strategic tenacity, technical depth and a natural affinity for data driven marketing. You will have analytical breadth and depth, exceptional communication skills, a high drive for results and the ability to collaborate with other teams to build end-to-end, customer-centric experiences. You must be a self-starter, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and able to influence at multiple levels. Ideally, you will have experience in a SaaS/Cloud services organization, working with business/commercial customers, and be knowledgeable of relationship marketing best practices in driving adoption and increasing customer usage.
Develop a RM onboarding strategy in collaboration with PMM, PM and Engineering Partners to drive Azure consumed revenue.
- Build communications and programs across multiple channels including email, web and dynamic in-product messaging. Optimize the best communication channel across customer types to drive impact and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Partner closely with internal teams including data scientists, analysts, and data engineers to glean insights from data, develop hypotheses, and design experiments to test hypotheses.
- Embrace agile marketing principles to define experiments, prioritize, and partner closely with cross-functional teams to rapidly execute and report results.
- Develop compelling creative and messaging to engage customers across each stage of the lifecycle, working with creative agencies, internal and external.
- Regularly communicate plans and results and set expectations with management and other stakeholders with confidence and clarity.
- Launch 2-3+ marketing campaigns (or campaign optimizations) per month to improve customer experiences and drive impact for Azure business.
- Continuously review performance and operations of each of the campaigns in market aligned with the role and provide regular updates, optimization techniques, and ways to improve the performance.
- Take an agile marketing approach to prioritize new project ideas and priorities as they arise from the business.
- Report campaign performance monthly of top programs for CVP and GM review.
- Participate and lead vteam discussions related to priority programs in Azure Marketing.
- Lead Azure RM Team discussions and thought-leadership to strengthen the team in digital marketing and lifecycle marketing best practices.
The successful candidate is passionate about the engaging and developing relationships with customers in the B2B space, is both data-driven and creative in approach, is able to formulate broad strategies and execute in a subscription services business.
- An obsessive curiosity with customer experience and building customer success, coupled with a love of iterative experimentation
- Strong strategic thinking complemented with a drive for results. A successful candidate needs to be able to develop a strategy and execution plan that drives impact.
- Hands-on experience in B2B marketing through multiple channels: email, in-product, phone and web channels for 5+ years, preferably with B2B customers.
- Comfortable building business cases and analyzing data.
- Ability to collaborate and influence groups across the organization including senior leaders, marketing, segments, engineering, customer service and operations.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills with a focus on measurable recommendations.
- Highly accountable, driven to success in a fast-paced environment
- Technical familiarity with the developer and IT professional audiences and/or software development preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.