Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC) team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. You will help our managed customers (SMC-Corporate) across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across Microsoft solution areas like Modern Workplace, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, and Data and AI. The SMC-Corporate team has different roles that work together in an orchestrated manner and are located in our Digital Sales centers and local subsidiaries.
The Digital Account Executive facilitates Microsoft to better serve our SMC-Corporate clients realize the potential and help them on their Digital Transformation journey. The Account Executive adds value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other Business and Technical Decision Makers within the customers’ organizations. The Digital Account Executive has to effective leverage all the digital tools available and orchestrate the other members of the team to address customer needs and requirements. Additionally, the Digital Account Executive engages with Partners to be able to find the best solution that will address the customer needs
- Accountable for Sales Territory revenues and customer satisfaction
- Lead and help customers with a clear strategic vision of their digital transformation journey.
- Develop a territory planning strategy to ensure that all customers are engaged at the appropriate level with specialized resources and partners
- Leads orchestration, collaboration, and execution with all other specialized roles at the right time and level by leveraging a deep understanding of customer needs
- Leverage state-of-the-art Digital tools to plan, prospect and identify opportunities and coach the team on how to maximize opportunity generation. Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer solution-based scenario.
- Effectively leverage funding programs to accelerate and close deals that result in new customer adds and/or renewals. Maximize up-sell and cross-sell deals by leveraging specialized resources and engage partners to provide the right solution and which aligns to the customer’s business objectives and IT initiatives.
- Scale through Partners by sharing opportunities to deliver innovative solutions driving new business in market. Invest time in learning about key solutions and partners that can solve key business needs to your customers.
- Develop a solid knowledge of Microsoft’s digital transformation offerings, its cloud offerings and gain valuable certifications by leveraging training resources.
- Ensure customers adopt our technologies and drive consumption of our cloud offerings.
- 2-6+ years of technology related sales or business development, exceeding quota by leading sales teams along complex sales cycles within a Partner ecosystem.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed sales quota by driving deals with partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of solution selling techniques and selling cloud-based solutions.
- Experienced in building strong, collaborative customer relationships with Business Decision Makers, IT Decision Makers.
- Ability to navigate a customer through sales negotiations and technical presentations in person and remotely.".
- Solid knowledge of the business, customers, partners, Microsoft strategy and how they work together.
- Able to qualify sales opportunities and position partners in the overall sales process.
- Demonstrated business communication and written skills in the local language.
- Passion for technology as an enabler for a company’s growth.
- Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), extensive presentation skills, effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis,
- Line of Business applications sales experience, business process consulting or automation, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required: Computer Science, similar information technology-related discipline or Business Administration.
- MBA desired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.