Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Through our partners,
Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products. As such, we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join the Microsoft Global Partner Solutions (GPS)
team as a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) for Security and Compliance.
Joining the GPS
team as a CSA
means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity. Working in GPS means you are shaping the world’s largest eco-system of technology companies working to digitally transform the world’s most innovative companies, large and small.
Microsoft welcomes and embraces your individuality! The ideal candidate for the CSA role can come in many forms. This individual is someone who is passionate about technology and one who possesses a strong subset or combination of the requirements listed below.
We embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity, and you’ll have flexibility to work from different locations, such as your home office, Microsoft offices around the country, or customer sites.
Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment
- Gathers customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs, competitive landscape), and maps architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business outcomes. Adapts business models, plans, and solutions to insights.
Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by driving new feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc. across communities to track, add, and prioritize, using established channels (e.g., UAT/TFT).
Architecture Design and Deployment
Leverages and champions an existing architecture approach to achieve Microsoft's agreed commitments to the customer/partner. Identifies growth opportunities based on knowledge of customer/partner needs.
Receives and synthesizes data about customer/partner business and technical requirements, addresses them with technical architecture(s), and demonstrates and proves those solutions capability and business value through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
Applies broad technical knowledge across various of architecture solutions to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints. helps to shape and enhance customers' requirements.
Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s). Provides thought leadership for technical architecture design, development, and deployment and supports/drives the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Identifies, escalates, and works to resolve technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) to accelerate architecture implementations and routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party.
- Adapts methodology and applies governance to identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks while designing and/or delivering solutions.
Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners. drives opportunities for IP re-use, best practice sharing, and consumption.
Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders.
- Respectfully challenges customers/partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately.
- Understands the competitor's architecture solutions and identifies Microsoft's strengths over competitive solutions to drive conversations with customers/partners and convince them of solution.
Shares ideas, insight, and strategic, technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft using a thorough knowledge of specific Microsoft products and their context in the competitive landscape.
Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team. Acts a mentor to junior colleagues to educate them on technical and non-technical concepts.
Leads architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer business value. Drives efforts to ensure that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected.
Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
o OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
o OR equivalent experience.
Fluency in professional English is required.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
o OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
o OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years technical sales experience.
- 4+ years project management experience.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
- French fluent preferred
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities
- Understanding of Microsoft Security services (e.g., Microsoft Defender for Identity, Azure Information Protection, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Azure Security Center, Azure Log Analytics).
- 6+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales, technology solutions/practice development, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting any of the following : Security, Cloud Identity, Threat Management, Compliance, Unified Endpoint Management, Requirements gathering;
- Additionally, 2+ years in the following skills are preferred: eDiscovery and Audit, Modern Workplace, Competitive product knowledge, Cybersecurity systems, Modern identity solutions (e.g., Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure AD Privileged Identity Management, Azure AD External Identities, Identity Governance, Azure AD Application Proxy), Microsoft licensing.
Fluency in professional French highly preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.