Primary responsibilities include overall accountability and leadership for a complex projects successful and timely implementation as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility for managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a projects success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
- Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a complex nature. Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones.
- Ensure methodology compliance and manage resolutions, reporting to management when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project. Monitor and manage the project budget. Must be familiar with the system’s scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Identify and monitor project risks.
- Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
- Effectively lead the project team to align with the business objectives, project schedule, and project budget.
- Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems. Mentor more junior Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- PMP certification preferred
Knowledge / Experience:
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
•Experience with structured methodology and project planning tools. •Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry preferred.
•Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills. •Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills..
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
- Some travel may be required.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.