Mastercard is a global technology company. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making payment and data transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
As part of the Digital Consumer Products group, the objective of the Financial Inclusion team is to reach 1 Billion unbanked and underserved people with financial products and services, thus bringing them into the digital economy by 2025.
The Specialist, Global Product Management, Financial Inclusion will report to the Director, Financial Inclusion and is responsible for supporting the execution of the short- and long-term plans to bring the next 1 billion consumers into the digital economy. This includes the conceptualization, development, launch, consolidation, expansion and management of commercially sustainable products and solutions that target the underserved and the unbanked both in developing and developed markets. The role is global and supports the five Mastercard global regions of MEA, AP, LAC, EUR and NAM
The successful candidate for the role of Specialist, Product Management will work with key internal and external stakeholders to build and deliver value propositions that support our Financial Inclusion strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Support product and solution owners in the product management of new and existing financial inclusion solutions, including but not limited to Gig and worker solutions, Money Connect Solution, Cash-in Cash-out solutions
- Assist with development and execution of market research, product line strategies, business cases, go to market plans, market sizing and other related activities
- Support all regions and markets with thought leadership materials related to Financial Inclusion through customer workshops, RFP responses, creating product playbooks, tracking execution and measurement to goal and reporting out to senior management
- Manage marketing and communication efforts, internal and external, including updates to marketing materials, document case studies, track customer engagement as required
- Be an ambassador for Mastercard Financial Inclusion internally and externally.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners including legal, customer experience, financial, and technical teams to identify, consolidate and translate market needs into product strategy and product requirements.
- Work with key external partners (Financial Institutions, NGO’s, Digital Players, relevant private and non-profit organizations etc.) as required.
- Monitor the competitive landscape - traditional, nontraditional, and new competitors – and incorporate into product and solution strategies as appropriate.
ALL ABOUT YOU
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Passion for innovation and good understanding of the financial inclusion and payments landscape
- Product management and product development experience including in the payments space
- Sound business judgment with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills to ideate, design and deliver on vertical segment and channel solutions
- Experience defining and managing go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate Mastercard solutions from the competition
- Strong communication & influencing skills to work with internal and external stakeholders, with ability to clearly articulate problem statements and opportunity areas across all levels
- Understanding of the Mastercard products & services and key revenue drivers helpful
- Excellent project management and execution skills, with strong problem solving, highly analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and maturity to drive the Financial Inclusion priority forward. A strong team player
- Willing to become the “voice of your product”, presenting on behalf of your product as required
- Background in building products and developing bespoke solutions helpful
- Comfortable with rigorous product management discipline; flexible and adaptable to change
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.