We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Quality Engineering
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Core Products, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software engineer to join the Payment Networks Team.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think “out of the box” and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about the creation of our new agile development team that will support Direct Service Access work within our Next Edge Program.
About the Role:
- Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards.
- Manages review of and tests for compatibility and integration processes needed to connect with other devices
- Performs pre-UAT system testing
- Writes moderately complex scripts to automate test execution
- Automates common tasks, deploy with an IaaS model, utilizing chef, ansible, or similar
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees.
- Collaborates with other application developers.
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
- Engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real-time event streaming systems etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins is a plus
- Ensure quality across the full stack via rigorous CI/CD practices in all aspects of the SDLC (Builds, Test, and Deploy).
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Gtest, JUnit, mocking, SOAP Postman, etc.)
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Experience running tests leveraging Spring Boot
- Experience in financial system encryption (PIN Blocks, CHIP, CVC) would be beneficial
- Experience with various coding languages Java, Go, C/C++,ESQL, etc. would be desired
- Experience with deployment via CI/CD would be beneficial
BS or MS in Computer Science
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.