Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee can be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Data Engineering and platform under Data Platform and Engineering service program is focused on enabling insights into Mastercard network and help build data-driven products by curating and preparing data in a secure and reliable manner. Moving to a “Unified and Fault-Tolerant Architecture for Data Ingestion and Processing” is critical to achieving this mission.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering) in Data Platform and Engineering service, you will have the opportunity to build high performance data pipelines to load into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customers provide answer to their business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
- Be a core team member to build the next implementation of Mastercard secure, global data and insight architecture, building new Stream processing capabilities and operationalizing “Unified Data Acquisition and Processing (UDAP) platform”
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models by being a trusted advisor to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers and source data providers.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Discover, ingest, and incorporate new sources of real-time, streaming, batch, and API-based data into our platform to enhance the insights we get from running tests and expand the ways and properties on which we can test
- Impact business in utilizing data-driven insights to drive growth and transformation.
- Build and maintain data processing workflows feeding Mastercard analytics domains.
- Facilitate reliable integrations with internal systems and third-party API's as needed.
- Support data analysts as needed, advising on data definitions, and helping them derive meaning from complex datasets.
- Prototype new algorithms, experiment, evaluate and deliver actionable insights.
- Experiment with new tools to streamline the development, testing, deployment, and running of our data pipelines.
- Creatively solve problems when facing constraints, whether it is the number of developers, quality or quantity of data, compute power, storage capacity or just time.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing.
All About You
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
- Experience in building and deploying production level data driven applications and data processing workflows/pipelines
- Experience with application development frameworks (Java/Scala, Spring)
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience implementing REST services with support for JSON, XML and other formats
- Experience with performance Tuning of Database Schemas, Databases, SQL, ETL Jobs, and related scripts
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Good analytical skills required for writing and performance tuning complex SQL queries, debugging production issues, providing root cause, and implementing mitigation plan
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
- Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Nice To Have
- Batch processing and workflow tools such as NiFi
- Familiarity with modern BI and data exploration tools.
- Experience in developing integrated cloud applications with services like Azure or GCP
- Experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, or Python and deliver analytics involving all phases like data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling, tuning, evaluating, monitoring, and presenting
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.