We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager / Tech Lead - Software Development Engineering
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Core Products, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software engineer to join the Payment Networks Team.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think “out of the box” and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about the creation of our new agile development team that will support Direct Services Access work within our Next Edge Program.
We are looking for an innovative leader who can provide leadership and career mentorship to high performing teams. This individual will support high performing development team by developing the process, culture, and organization necessary to deliver against aggressive objectives. They will use their full-stack development expertise to navigate requirements, provide inputs into capacity and staffing, and invest in forward-thinking development priorities while keeping a focus on the customer and on-time delivery.
As an Engineering Manager / Tech Lead in Next Edge, you will:
- Formally supervise, coach, and develop a high performing software development team
- Ensure your team’s compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
- Provide strategic and architectural leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
- Lead the design of major and complex parts of the platform while ensuring high-quality development
- Define state of the art service-oriented software architectures
- Serve as a technical resource for team members and mentor junior engineers and teammates
- Lead planning and scoping features for the team
- Critically review code and guide the team with a focus on improving the code quality
- Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to support our Direct Service Access applications
- Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
- Consistently raise standards, insisting on better and continuously improving.
All About You
- Experience in managing, coaching, and guiding high performing multiple software development teams of varying levels across locations
- Ability to work across business lines to navigate, and to effectively communicate and partner with others with a wide range of experiences and levels in a large, global organization
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical deliverables, and to partner with product development teams
- Full-stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
- Experience solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve complex problems
- Familiarity in modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and APIs
- Experience automating and scaling complex dataflow and application architectures
- Strong understanding of web technologies, server-side technologies for developing microservices
- Knowledge of modern object-oriented programming languages.
- Passion for analytical/quantitative problem solving
- Experience in CI/CD for production-scale products with a focus on the engineering methodology
- Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on user-centric product teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
- Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
- Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry(PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc.
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
BS or MS in Computer Science
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.