Mastercard Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) develops and delivers world-class risk, security products, and services for Mastercard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Fraud Intelligence, Strategy and Cyber Products Team is responsible for:
- Managing the Cyber Secure platform with particular focus on product development
- Providing fraud analytics and insights to MasterCard and its stakeholders globally
- Supporting development and management of new and existing fraud prevention products/services
- Developing and managing cyber products for Mastercard and RiskRecon customers
About the Role
Product Managers at Mastercard drive new product opportunities from conception to global, fully-scaled products that solve end-to-end business problems for financial institutions, merchants, nonprofits, governments, and cardholders.
The Manager, Product Management will:
- Help develop strategic business plans for the RiskRecon Core Product, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs
- Work closely with global teams, regional leadership and sales colleagues to understand RiskRecon customer needs and issues
- Collaborate with Product Owner to ensure that features developed are in line with the product roadmap and priorities
- Monitor product performance metrics at all stages of the product life cycle, and makes recommendations regarding solutions to challenges in the portfolio or product strategy
- Work with research analysts to understand market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to inform product and go-to-market strategies
- Provide support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements
- Engage in idea generation for enhancements to existing products, concept validation, business case development, and in some instances financial modeling and planning of these enhancements
- Manage the planning & reporting processes to support development of product enhancements
All About You:
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners while performing multiple functions
- Continuous learner, agile mindset, continuously learning and adapting to new fraud and cybersecurity trends
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity a plus
- You are a strong, confident, writer and speaker.
- Always looking at solutions to solve problems; quickly adaptable to change
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.