Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard have built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercializing and enhancing them. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking. Over the last few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery. As we expand the platform’s capabilities into new markets, opportunities to offer new payment flows are being explored and offered.
- Be responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
- Define requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
All About You
Skills and experience required for this role are:
- May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
- Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
- Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
- Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
- Significant advanced code development, code review and modest day-to-day support duties
- Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Payment Systems
- Anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.