Mastercard Blockchain and Digital Assets group, part of Mastercard’s global Consumer Solutions division, is leading Mastercard’s cutting edge strategy to bring forward the future of payments technology and make it a reality today. Our work with new and exciting technologies to bring the benefits of blockchain and digital assets with the trust and security of Mastercard network will lay the foundations for a pivotal switch towards truly digital economies that supports our mult-payment rail strategy.
The Director of new product development for Blockchain & Digital Assets is an experienced innovator who will lead the creation of new solutions that leverage blockchain and digital asset technology that create demonstrable value for our customers and partners. You will leverage your payment and cryptocurrency / digital asset expertise to create and advance innovative solutions from concept development, prototyping, through to client pilots and commercialization. This role will work directly with customers to validate product concepts, with our engineering teams to guide product development, and with cross-functional internal partners (e.g. treasury, compliance, etc.) to ensure products are viable.
- Responsible for developing innovative solution concepts that have strategic fit and value to Mastercard’s customers and partners
- Lead the ideation, definition, design, and development of innovative blockchain and digital asset solutions
- Drive innovation all the way from prototyping, piloting, and market validation – engaging clients to validate demand, feasibility, and commercial value
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and deliver a product and technology roadmap
- Establish shared vision across the company by influencing and building consensus among the various stakeholders
- Evaluate the business value of solution concepts for Mastercard and its customers
- Continually assess digital asset / blockchain market trends, opportunities, competitors, technological developments, etc. to define and implement appropriate product strategies
- Ideally based in New York or San Francisco with some domestic and global travel required
All about you
- Significant experience in software product development with track record of bringing new products to market
- Direct Product development experience in the blockchain and digital asset industry
- Experience with payment solutions and payments industry is a plus
- Significant business development and client management experience with track record of building business, securing partners and clients, and achieving commercial outcomes
- Good commercial insight, with experience of building a value proposition for all participants in a payments ecosystem, including Mastercard, our customers and partners.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to simplify and describe complex concepts and technologies to an audience of varied knowledge
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to learn quickly, adapt to a changing market landscape, and challenge the status quo.
- Sound judgement, based on god analytical skills and the ability to digest complex problems
- Highly organized with strong liking for detail
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.