At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft's Benefits team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Senior Manager to help us scale. Our benefits team is smart, empathetic, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback.
- Lead a team that is responsible for the design and implementation of all benefits & immigration programs globally
- Build, evolve, guide, and implement our company-wide benefits strategy and programs to support the changing needs of our employees
- Lead a team of 4 talented & knowledgeable benefits and immigration professionals
- Mentor and guide the professional development of your team members help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Great employee engagement and presentation skills, able to engage with the ease with the average team member as well as Executives.
- Lead a growing, distributed team that is responsible for the design and implementation of all benefits programs globally
- Identify gaps, and spearhead improvements of benefits policies, procedures, and processes
- Drive solid relationships with internal business partners by understanding organizational priorities and drive benefits initiatives to support those priorities.
- Research and recommend benefits programs after analyzing options and preparing analytical reports (including plan design, employee participation / enrollment data, and benefit cost trending), to support budget requests and forecasting to achieve business objectives
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, as well as understand and apply benefits-related legislative and taxation requirements
- Will manage all benefit categories (Health, Life, Disability, Investment & Retirement, Leave, Workers Compensation, Wellness, Perks, etc.,) including associated end-to-end benefits processes such as Open Enrollment and Qualifying Life Events
- Develop a strong partnership with vendors, brokers and suppliers, negotiating and managing benefits related contracts
- Manage the planning and roll out of US open enrollment including but not limited to implementation of new benefit carriers, employee communication, training and data auditing
- 10 + years of experience scaling global benefits programs, and a passion for how benefits programs can truly impact culture
- A passion for leadership, and a strong appetite for building, supporting, and developing a diverse and distributed team
- Great communication and presentation skills. Ability to present to executives with ease.
- Expertise in multi-year strategic planning and benefit program design
- Experience assessing, selecting, and managing outstanding partners and vendors
- An aim to support decisions with data, and the ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program