At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Group Manager, GSM is a strategic role responsible for coordinating efforts of a diverse GSM team that manages the commercial relationships with all of Lyft's global hardware manufacturing partners. Through a strong focus on micro-mobility & consumer electronics components and assembly, the Group Manager is responsible for executing the Sourcing vision for the organization to advance the OKRs of the business, and managing and developing a direct report team of GSMs through cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management and overall project execution. The Group Manager has a close partnership with Engineering & Fleet Operations to ensure optimal engagement between the organizations and deliver the best micro-mobility fleet in the world.
- Provide leadership to Lyft's hardware GSM team to drive focus on supply assurance, NPI product delivery, manufacturing performance, and culture to support Lyft's global supply chain.
- Harmonize and take lead to resolve all urgent supply issues to mitigate risk and ensure supply continuity.
- Execute commodity sourcing strategies by combining a deep understanding of industry dynamics with product demand and supplier capability needs, and to translate that strategy into tactical & actionable engagements that deliver the best total value to the company.
- Create an inclusive & challenging environment for a team of 4-6 individual contributors.
- Through establishment of executive level relationships, align the Supply Base to support the future vision of Lyft Hardware.
- Envision processes and tools to enable efficient delivery of core Sourcing functions to create accountability to OKRs, champion those tools to influence cross-functional peers, and to execute implementation and adoption throughout the company.
- 7+ years of experience working in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, preferably in the Consumer Electronics and/or Micro-Mobility industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration, related discipline or relevant work experience. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with New Product Introduction development phases (prototype, EVT, DVT and PVT) is a plus.
- Experience with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements) is a must.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program