At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
From day one, Lyft's mission has been to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That's why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we're building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we're moving at an incredible pace: we're currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. The autonomous data science team works collaboratively with partners across the organization, such as product, engineering, strategy and operations to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. We are looking for passionate data scientists to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in the future of autonomous vehicles and ridesharing.
- Develop analytical frameworks and business metrics to measure performance with statistical rigor
- Partner with product managers, engineers, program managers, operations and leadership to translate data insights into decisions and action
- Find opportunities for efficiency improvements in the Autonomous program using data
- Ownership over data from instrumentation to executive-facing dashboards
- Author scalable ETL pipeline workflows using workflow orchestration engines like Airflow.
- Write advanced SQL for query engines like BigQuery to compute metrics or failure modes across large time-series data
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Degree in a quantitative field - advanced degrees are preferred
- Industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries (Python preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- (Nice to have) Experience with various interactive query engines (e.g., BigQuery, Presto), or data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam, Hive).
- (Nice to have) Experience with workflow orchestration platforms (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban).
- (Nice to have) Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning