We are looking for an associate to join our Strategic Finance team. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team at the ground level and impact a fast-growing startup. In this role, you will partner closely with Instacart leadership on capital markets and other special projects that will steer our company to near and long-term success.
As an associate, you will be a key contact for the executive team, cross functional business leads (including BizOps, Corporate Development, Legal and IR), and external stakeholders across a range of strategic initiatives. Your role will include leading special projects execution; supporting strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting; board and investor materials; and other financial analyses.
As a member of the Strategic Finance team, you have analytical rigor, transaction execution experience, and the ability to consider the big picture while solving complex problems. You are a clear and effective communicator with a team orientated attitude.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Initial team member on the Strategic Finance team
- Drive special project execution and related financial analyses
- Build investor-facing materials, including investor presentations, models, and data
- Develop and drive deeper understanding of our KPIs across the company and implications on performance, strategic vectors and valuation
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, annual and long range P&L forecast leveraging cross-functional partnerships
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Understand Instacart's strategy, financial performance and competitive positioning to assess company priorities and outside opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 3-5 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, private equity or FP&A / Strategic Finance at high-growth technology company preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with strong attention to detail
- Experience with SQL, or a willingness to learn
- Ability to solve complex business problems and use data to identify and quantify strategic opportunities
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders, executive teams, and external parties
- Proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Finding humor in food puns is a plus!