At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart's Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are hiring a Sales Operations Manager who will support team leadership in building a comprehensive end-to-end sales management process inclusive of market sizing and segmentation, sales territory development, leading and lagging metric definition and reporting, measuring team progress against goals, building new revenue management capabilities, and sizing new product opportunities in partnership with leadership. The role is highly cross-functional with engagement between sales leadership, company management, finance, and strategy.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with sales leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance
- Manage end-to-end sales planning - from market sizing, account segmentation, forecasting, and prospect tracking through to revenue realization
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to Instacart's Brand Partnership leadership team focusing on both leading and lagging metrics
- Oversee Instacart's client relationship management platform
- Revenue management to help determine trade offs between in-year opportunities across ad portfolio with strategic partners (also known as yield management)
- Identify & size new go-to-market opportunities in partnership with sales leadership
- Constantly iterate to improve reporting & associated processes
Nice to Have…
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. Financial modelling experience in MS Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it's needed
- Exposure to and understanding of digital advertising including Search
- Yield management experience in digital advertising environment
- Experience working closely with a distributed sales team
- Experience with Tableau