At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart's Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform. As the volume of first and second party data increases on our platform, we are looking for a manager of data operations to help lead the integration, cleansing, and orientation of information in order to directly reveal better, more actionable insights for our Brand Partnerships team members across sales, account management, analytics, and business operations. This role would help structure the underlying data across consumer, brand, advertising, and category. While much of this data is first party and originating on Instacart, some is externally sourced. This role would be the single point of visibility across these sources for helping the Brand Partnerships team answer questions from some of the most sophisticated advertisers in the world. A great candidate should be familiar with data structuring and querying approaches as well as representing the business need for such approaches internally with Instacart's data engineering community.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Understand the business requirements for the Brand Partnerships team for structuring and interacting data from multiple first and third party sources
- Partner with data engineering to structure vast data sets to increase the efficiency of our analytical tools to support sales, account management, sales strategy, and insights
- Direct the management and creation of different advertiser product hierarchies either by ingesting 3rd party data, automation tools, or manual efforts
- Expand the coverage of products sold on Instacart that can be associated with a company owner
- Partner with Instacart's Catalog team to ensure 3rd party data is reflected on Instacart where possible
- Help integrate hierarchy and taxonomy information across tools and systems including Salesforce, Tableau, and other visualization and analytical tools
- Seven or more years of experience working with consumer data sets in the grocery retail industry. Specific experience with transaction and category data is required. Experience with customer and panel information is desirable but not required.
- Technical proficiency in data structuring processes (i.e. ETL) and automation
- Technically skilled and able to manipulate large raw datasets using SQL and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Ability to influence internally through sound communication and project management
- Ability to synthesize business requirements and translate them into technical plans