At Instacart, we're passionately working towards our mission to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. To realize our mission, we're looking for people that are especially hard working, pragmatic, driven, and organized self-starters.
We are looking for a Senior Privacy Program Manager
to join our team.
As Senior Privacy Program Manager, you will help develop and execute global data protection programs to help ensure Instacart's compliance with privacy regulations and internal policies. In this role, you will work closely with privacy counsel and cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Product, Human Resources, Marketing, Catalog, Trust & Safety, CARE, etc.) to align on privacy requirements and engage resources to implement, track and report on program compliance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with privacy counsel to develop and operationalize privacy controls ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements, including with CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA and other privacy laws
- Work cross-functionally to develop, implement and manage scalable data protection processes and programs
- Collaborate with internal teams to leverage opportunities and understand program feasibility and limitations
- Leverage technology to scale regulatory compliance processes, including internal privacy tools for cookie compliance, PIA/DPIA, and DSAR response programs
- Manage vendor data privacy compliance in collaboration with the Security team
- Communicate standards and provide technical expertise
- Measure, verify, and perform analysis to report on performance and program effectiveness
- Develop a sustainable process to audit various work streams for regulatory compliance
- Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities
- Improve existing processes to identify, prioritize and respond to regulatory feedback from customers, retail partners, shoppers, and regulators
- Influence stakeholders to integrate regulatory parameters into product and process improvement logic
You're proactive, collaborative, and passionate about privacy, technology and e-commerce, and ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into complex regulatory requirements to develop pragmatic compliance solutions.
- 5+ years project management and/or operations experience
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a fast pace business environment
- Experience working on complex, cross-functional, ambiguous projects as a program manager, working with cross-location teams
- Experience with global data protection laws, standards and associated frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, and APEC)
- Experience with privacy management tools (e.g., OneTrust, Securiti.ai)
- Experience in writing SQL queries and mining databases
- Strong technical acumen, including the ability to understand the IT landscape, identify opportunities, and overcome technical obstacles
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to influence teams working towards a goal
- Experience of working in Product based or analytics-based orgs / team will be an advantage
- Lean, Six Sigma certified, and a good understanding of value-stream mapping will be an advantage