Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Creative Team is dedicated to making Instacart one of the world's most beloved and recognizable brands. Through outstanding design across brand, marketing, and storytelling, our goal is to evolve the world's perception of our relationship to food and grocery shopping—and make sure that shines through every Instacart experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
Customer Relationship Management is a core part of Instacart's growth — driving activation, engagement, and conversion. As Senior Marketing Designer, CRM your role is crucial in pushing the creative expression of our digital communications, understanding strategic business goals, while having a strong eye for design.
As a senior creative, you contribute to the team by sharing inspiration and new ideas, working collaboratively with team members to solve design challenges through experimentation and the act of making. You're driven to create visually compelling work grounded in strategy, and understand how visual stories and written narratives go hand in hand. You can listen with empathy, explain the "whys" behind decisions, and represent your viewpoints with compelling design. You see technical constraints as design challenges, and welcome the opportunity to use design and creativity to elevate every project—big or small—always thinking outside the box.
You'll be joining a growing team that supports Instacart's growing brand and creative expression, helping to create compelling email designs and visual systems for the Instacart brand and retail partnerships. You'll join a team of designers and writers to ensure our digital communications are exceptionally designed, on-brand, and on-strategy—and rolling up your sleeves to work out the details to elevate our digital communications. This is an amazing opportunity for an imaginative, creative designer excited to define our digital communications!
- You are passionate about design for digital communications
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent and clear communicator, verbally and visually
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- You are extremely collaborative and can take and give feedback with a positive and curious attitude
- Design CRM emails for Instacart brand, customers, shoppers, retail partners, and promotions
- Create high-quality work that's on-brand and on-strategy across all CRM channels
- Develop new email templates and design concepts as needed for growth
- Partner closely with managers and creative writers to understand strategy, business goals, timelines, planning, to inform your designs from concept to execution
- Present creative concepts and designs to cross-functional teams for review and concept ideation
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners through the implementation phase to realize design vision
- 6+ years experience working on in-house creative team, creative agency, or similar
- Strong visual portfolio and demonstrated experience of designing for CRM and digital communications
- Strong visual design portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous sense of detail for design craft and execution across typography, color, composition, layout, and illustration work
- Demonstrates the ability to work confidently and build trusted partnerships on teams of designers, writers, developers, program managers, creative and marketing directors
- Ability to self-initiate and lead design projects and proactively seek out creative solutions to technical challenges
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge working in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma